Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Wonderful World of the Winter's

With so many friends and family members having blogs, it was only a matter of time for me to jump on the bandwagon. Since I enjoy "checking up" on everyone's blogs, I wanted one of my very own. Since I have 2 full weeks before the craziness of school begins, I thought what better time to create a blog to distract myself from the day-to-day life.



Aaron and I just returned from a relaxing long weekend in Las Vegas, NM. Uncle Tim and Aunt Cathy graciously provided their cabin for our enjoyment and we appreciate their hospitality. We enjoyed the MUCH cooler weather of 70 degrees during the day and 50 degrees in the evenings. Watching the rain from the porch and the lovely views just added to the pleasure. We were able to hike (yes I hiked!) to the lots where the Winter's will some day build a cabin of their very own. Aaron was able to show me the sights of Santa Fe and Cimarron where he spent several summers as a staff member at Philmont's Boy Scout Camp. From Friday morning until Wednesday evening, the little Tribute racked up over 1700 miles. Needless to say, we'll be staying home for a while and an oil change is on this week's agenda. We had a wonderful time and were not ready to come home to the "real world".

Aaron and I spent our first wedding anniversary in New Mexico. We spent most of the day in Santa Fe where we shopped with the rest of the tourists. We picked out our own gifts from each other and I got a beautiful pendant and Aaron picked out two BIG pots to plant flowers for our new house. We also ate our year old cake...well one bite of it. It surprisingly tasted about the same, the texture, however, made us not want another bite.

2 comments:

the higgins family said...

Kami! Fantastic! I knew it was only a matter of time...you are such a good scrapbooker that I thought you'd love the blog...kind of an online scrapbook.

I cannot believe you've already celebrated your first anniversary! Where did that year go??? Congratulations!

Love you and am looking forward to keeping up with you this way!

Great name by the way....

Rachel said...

Yay! You've joined the wonderful world of blogging! Have fun! (I love the name...that is so cute!)