It's sad when Aaron checks the blog and comments that we need a new update. What can I say, it's been busy! We went for our 4 month check up a few weeks ago. Emory was 12.5 lbs and 23 1/2 in long. That makes her in the 25th percentile for both. Her head however was in the 50th percentile. Poor thing has a big noggin, but still adorable all the same. The dr said she looked great and was ready to start cereal. Here are some pics from her first eating experience. You can see it in her face how much she loves it. She has gotten much better since then and has tried sweet potatoes (which she loves), squash, and bananas.
Things she is doing at 4 months:
- eating between 3-6 oz every few hours
- bedtime between 7&8 ad sleeping until 4:30
- squealing when happy
- arching her back when mad (which we're trying to keep from becoming a habit)
- not liking Bible class, I'm not sure what changed this but she usually has to be held the whole time which makes her the trouble kid in class (oh great look what we have to look forward to)
- LOVES, LOVES, LOVES her hands - in fact I have to wash them every few hours or they start to smell
- loves anything she can grab and put in her mouth, but gets mad when the whole thing doesn't fit
- enjoys anyone talking to her and she usually responds with a great big smile
Although it's going by too fast, it's so much fun to see how much she changes and learns everyday.