Saturday, August 23, 2008

Prayer Request

It has been a very strange day in the Winter household. We met with our realtor about a house that we REALLY want and the stars are starting to align (according to my father) in our favor. We had a showing of our house and as we were walking out the door for my uncle's mother's funeral someone from our church called and wanted to see our house as well. We got a call from our realtor that the first couple is "very interested" so please keep your fingers crossed that everything will continue to work out. After many phone calls and calming our nerves, we spent the evening doing lawn work.


I also learned this evening from my mom that my Aunt Wendy, from El Paso, has a brain tumor and is going in for surgery on Monday. Please keep her and her family in your prayers. With news like that, it really puts things in perspective and you realize what is really important in your life. Kelly, Wendy, and Taylor you are in our thoughts and prayers and we know God's hand will be with you and the doctors on Monday. We love you!

5 comments:

rachelprice said...

I will be praying for your Aunt and your house, oh.. and that you have a good day back to school tomorrow!

the higgins family said...

poor wendy! that's intense! i will pray for her speedy recovery.

also...the house thing. i really hope it works out! sounds like it might be your time.

xoxox-b

Lee Family said...

I am super excited for you guys finding a house. You are going to have to tell me all about it. I hope for the best in selling your house as well. We picked out a realtor this weekend. Going to wait a few more months to put the house on the market but glad things are moving a long.
Jennifer

laura said...

Sorry to hear about your aunt Wendy! We'll be praying for both situations. Hope school is going well so far.

Rachel said...

How is your Aunt this week? I've been thinking about you, your house situation (I understand the stress), and your family.