Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Waiting Game

Well we have 13 official days left before Emory arrives. I have found my spot inside the nice cool house reading books, getting school stuff ready, and scrapbooking. That is now my routine since it's too hot to go outside and I'm a little too miserable to do much of anything else. It's been fine so far, but I am definitely getting a little tired of it all. My blog next week might not be so upbeat if I'm still pregnant. I'm getting more and more anxious by the minute.

Last night we thought it was time, but were sadly sent back home after making a trip to the hospital. I had been having some Braxton Hicks contractions spread out throughout the day and evening. Around midnight they started coming every 8 minutes for about 30 minutes and then started coming every 4 minutes. So I called the Labor and Delivery and they told me to drink a glass of water and lay on my left side to see if they continued or got worse. They never got worse, but continued for another hour so we decided to go on up to the hospital and get things checked out. After an hour of monitoring things the contractions began to space out a little and since they weren't intense they sent me home. Last week at the dr I was dilated to 1/2 cm and yesterday and today showed the same thing. So NO PROGRESS what so ever.

So at today's doctor's appointment I asked him if he was going to let me go all the way to my due date. He said things are much easier on me if I go into labor on my own rather than inducing. So he said he didn't want to induce unless there was something medically wrong. I completely agree with him and don't want to rush things and end up with a hard labor or an unnecessary C-section. So we're just waiting (not so) patiently for Emory to decide it's time. Until then I will continue to be cooped up in the house, walking in the evenings while it's cool, and doing whatever I can to speed this process along.

3 comments:

Hollie said...

Hang in there! I know you don't want to complain, but you can complain to me! Those last few weeks are tough...uncomfortable and anxious. I was only dialated 1 cm (but was 80% effaced) the week before Cy was born... and was 1 cm dialated when they checked me after my water had broke- so don't worry about it...she'll come when she's good and ready. I must have walked 2 miles a day for that last week and it didn't do a thing for me! Just sleep until you can't sleep anymore!

rachelprice said...

It was great seeing you!! You and Aaron are going to be great parents! Not much longer!

rachelprice said...

I want to know more DETAILS!!! I'm so excited EMORY is here!! If anyone knows more please post!!