Sunday, July 26, 2009

My How Time Flies

We have definitely had a busy week. I could not post all the pictures of our visitors, but we have had lots of friends and family that just could not wait to get their hands on precious Emory. All aunts and uncles (except Jerry) has made their way for a visit. Several cousins and great aunts and uncles have come. I'm sure the rest will be here as soon as they can. We did make a couple of outings this week. I've been starting to get a little stir crazy. Aaron and I went to change our insurance stuff and go to the chiropractor. We only had to stop once and let Emory eat. Mom and I went to Dillard's and Target to find some pants that would be small enough to fit Emory. It has not been so easy. She's too long for premie clothes and the newborn clothes are huge on her for now. We have gone on a walk, but mainly have sat around and watched Emory. Waiting for a sneeze, a hiccup, a groan, anything little thing.
This is the first time I have been completely alone with Emory and I think we're going to make it. My mom left yesterday which was harder than I thought it was going to be. My emotions now are worse than they ever were while pregnant and I had a hard time watching my mom leave. Not that I don't think we can handle things without he, it is just definitely one of the moments in your life you just want you mom. Which makes me think about many, many years down the road I will have the opportunity to return the favor for Emory. Thanks Mom for coming and taking care of us. We already miss you and are ready for you to come back.

Pali has had a hard week adjusting to the new way of life. We did introduce her to Emory the other day and she did very well. Aaron finally let her in the house this morning while no one else was here and she could be calm. She did fine then too. It will take a little while to make the complete adjustment, but at least it's a start.
Emory and I were both exhausted last night. While we both (or all 3) enjoyed our company and really wanted everyone to be here, we both felt just about like this about 10:00. Today we have been able to get some much needed rest and caught up on some things that have been put on hold for a week of spoiling.
I can't not say enough how much I have enjoyed this week with Emory. I still look at her in awe. In awe of how much I love her, in awe of how beautiful she is, and in awe that she is actually our's. :) Thank you for allowing me to brag and go on and on about the best week of my life.


5 comments:

rachelprice said...

And the weeks just get better and better! Hope you have a great week with the little princess!

Kim W. said...

You can brag all you want!! I love reading your posts on Emory. To me, there isn't much sweeter than seeing people love their children. Because the love you have for your children is like none other, and you just have to experience it for yourself to finally "get it!" And yall have. So so so happy for you and Aaron and your new little family. Yall are just precious and I love you to death! Jake and Jack send kisses...and I promise I (me, solo!) am coming to see you soon! Love you!

Kim W. said...

Oh, and about your mom leaving...that's exactly how I was when we had Jake. And Jack! Each time they left, I just bawled. And since I had a c-section, and Aaron is out of town so much, my folks stayed for almost 3 weeks, and let me tell you, the flood gates opened, and the tears came! I knew I'd be okay, but I just hated to see them leave. Maybe I was scared, or uncertain...or tired, healing from the c-section, and completely hormonally imbalanced! :) HA! Anyhow, I remember the feeling all too well. And I betcha this 3rd time around, the tears will come again! I'll be anxious to see, and I'll definitely let you know! ;) Love you!

Hollie said...

Amen, brag away!!! And it just gets better! I can't stand to be away from Cy...which will be annoying for him when he's 18!!! It's so humbling to know that God created, designed & predestined you specifically to be the mommy of the precious baby girl! What an awesome God we serve who gives abundantly!

Amy said...

She looks great! I look forward to meeting her!