Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day weekend

What a wonderful way to spend Labor Day weekend. My brother, Justin, and his girlfriend came into town on Friday as well as Mom and Dad. Justin and Kendall didn't get in until late Friday night, but we were able to lounge around Saturday morning and take our time getting ready for our trip to Lubbock. It was really good to see Justin since we hadn't seen him since the day Emory was born. She adored him and laughed and "talked" to him the whole weekend. It is wonderful to see how she interacts with people now...she loves to smile and "talk" to anyone that will talk to her.

Saturday we made a trip to Lubbock. We all met up with my cousin, Carla, who just started school at Tech and my cousin, Kristi, and her daughter Hayden for lunch. The rest of our crew went on to Tech's opening game. Aaron and I went shopping and to visit more family. We had a great time and maybe on the next trip we will brave the game.



Uncle Justin bought Emory a Tech onsie. Do you think he might be trying early to get her to be a Red Raider???

What can I say, we're a Tech family!!
This is just a cute outfit my dad bought her in support of Dad's cattle habit! It's so cute. If you can't it has the Old MacDonald song written around the collar and sleeves. It also has a little tail on the bootie! Adorable!!It just so happened that there were several visitors at Ackerly's church on Sunday. My life-long friend, Hollie, (middle) and her brother and sister-in-law were all at church visiting. Here's a picture of the three of us. Emory, (7 weeks), Cy (14 weeks), and Joey (12 weeks) It was so good to finally meet the two little ones.
Today we also made a trip over to my college friend, Amy's, house to meet Noah. Noah was born 2 days after Emory and he was just as cute as could be. Emory is going to have friends everywhere she goes. So fun!!!











3 comments:

Lee Family said...

Love the cow outfit...you will have to tell me where your dad found that. my sister is going to have a little cowboy and its so hard to find cute western stuff for babies...maybe I am looking in all the wrong places.
I can't believe how big miss Emory is getting! she is too cute!

rachelprice said...

I can't wait to get a college friend kids group picture in October! I'm so glad Emory has so many friends! It so fun being a parent. I love the TT outfit and pictures! Although, Daddy Aaron doesn't look to thrilled to be wearing the red, I think he likes purple and white! haha..too cute!

Kim said...

Love the little cow outfit. She's a BEAUTIFUL little thing! I can't wait to be able to hold her. At least I got close to her last night at church, but I need to get my hands on that precious baby soon! Maybe Sunday as long as we are still well! Love you!