Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Fun Times at Gramsy and Papa Reg's

A couple of weekends ago we made our first trip to Ackerly. My mom and dad didn't think that 2 days was quite enough of Emory so my dad came to get Emory and I on Thursday and Aaron came on Friday. We all had a great time and got LOTS to eat. Emory met everyone at my mom's school, all the lovely people at Ackerly CoC, my hair lady, the Addison family, and Aunt Hallie. We also made a visit to Aunt Terrye's so she was able to see her again and meet Uncle Steve. We were all quite exhausted by the end of the weekend but it was so much fun.


New things Emory is up to:

-showing her little temper(written first only because she just threw a fit getting her diaper changed)

-liking bath time a little more

-outgrown almost all of her newborn clothes and fitting into more and more 0-3 month clothes

-lifting her head up for much longer

-smiling with a smile that lights up her whole face (just melts your heart)

-going without eating for around 5-7 hours in the evenings (sometimes 8-1, 9-3)

-she loves her gym, swing and bouncy seat

-staring at anything with lights

-looking at books



We are haing so much fun together and aren't doing too much. I am trying to savor the times I get to just hold her and love on her all day before I have to go back to work. We have a wonderful weekend planned of family time. Justin and Kendall are coming to Abilene on Friday then we are all making a trip to Lubbock for the Tech game. I don't think I'm quite ready to take Emory to the stadium so Aaron and I will find somewhere to catch the game on TV. I am looking forward to a weekend of family. :)

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Or...if you need a babysitter so y'all can go to the game...I know the perfect person in Abernathy who would be willing to drive anywhere to babysit that precious little girl! ;D

Kim W. said...

Oh, Kami, she is just so precious. I can't wait to see yall again and hold her! I have to get some GIRL TIME in ya know? ;) Anyhow, glad she likes books, and baths! I tell ya, they are some of the best things in life! :) Ha! Love you! Have a great weekend with family!

rachelprice said...

She is an Angel! Getting so big and so much fun it looks like!

laura said...

She's getting so big. Can't wait to meet her in October!

The Cohorn Chronicle said...

She is so cute!!! I am surprised Reggie and Sharon ever let you leave! We can't wait to meet her ourselves, but until then, keep posting more pics!