Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Great Concerts



Well a couple of weekends ago Aaron and I had a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. As I was sitting in the teachers' lounge our librarian was saying she had 4 extra tickets to The Eagles concert. As I pondered on the idea of a quick trip to Dallas and back with TONS of stuff to do at our new house and boxes still all over every room, one of my good friends already said her and her husband were up for it. So Aaron and I decided we probably wouldn't get to see The Eagles again and lets face it, they aren't as young as they used to be, so we went. We left early in the afternoon and stopped to eat dinner with a few couples on the way. After getting a little turned around we finally were able to see one of the BEST concerts I've ever seen. They played from 8:15 to 11:30 almost non-stop...playing all of their old favorites and some of their new good songs as well. If you get a chance to see The Eagles I recommend you take the opportunity. They are even good from way up in the nose-bleed section.

We came home the same night since we were traveling with our friends. When we got home, we realized that Pali had some fun of her own. She must have been mad we left or extremely bored because we had quite a mess to clean up when we got home. We thought she would get cold enough and not try to tear up her bed, but as you can see...we were WRONG!

3 comments:

Lee Family said...

O My...she had a lot of time on her hands. I can't imagine coming home to something like that. Hope you got it all cleaned up!

rachelprice said...

There is no way the concert was better than John Mayer in 112 degree heat....

Meredith said...

Kami, I'm so glad you found my blog, now I'll have to add yours to the ones I read everyday! I'm so excited. I had to post on the picture of the dog tearing up his bed. We use to have a Doberman and when we returned home once she had done the exact same thing. I was furious, but I had a good laugh seeing that someone elses dog does the same thing. I definitely felt your clean up pain!